Oracle DBA, How To, Error, Cause and Action

Create Oracle Database with DBCA (1/4)

Create Oracle Database with DBCA (1/4) [You are here]
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (2/4)
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (3/4)
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (4/4)


DBCA is stand for Database Configuration Assistant, is Oracle utility is part of Oracle software that we install previously.
DBCA wizard GUI to create Oracle database, there are two method of creating Oracle Database, the other method is using SQLPlus command line with CREATE DATABASE command.

Now before I begin to create database, I will create a directory where I will store whole set of my database files.

1. I am creating /datafiles/edba01 to store all my database files.

mkdir -p /datafiles/edba01
chwon -R oracle:dba /datafiles
chmod -R 750 /datafiles





2. Login as Oracle I execute dbca




3. DBCA welcome screen, click Next to continue.




4. Chose Create a Database, please note that DBCA also the tools to delete a created database.
Click Next to continue.




5. Choose Custom Database and click Next to continue.




Create Oracle Database with DBCA (1/4) [You are here]
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (2/4)
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (3/4)
Create Oracle Database with DBCA (4/4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.